Open Accessibility Menu

What Should I Do When My Doctor Retires or Relocates?

  • Category: CVH News
  • Posted On:
What Should I Do When My Doctor Retires or Relocates?

After a long and successful career in medicine, even the best doctor must eventually move on to enjoy the next chapter in their life. For some doctors, that next chapter might mean helping patients in a different community, and for others it might mean retiring. While Carson Valley Health (CVH) works hard to minimize our patients’ worry of finding a new provider, it is important to know that patients are not automatically reassigned when their provider departs.

When a CVH provider announces their retirement or relocation, established patients will be informed through letters, and potentially emails and phone calls. It’s important to keep your contact information up-to-date. Patients can work with our staff to find a new provider to seamlessly continue their healthcare journey. All you need to do is call the clinic or department and schedule an appointment. We’ll take care of the rest.

When the time comes to choose a new healthcare provider, Carson Valley Health Ironwood Primary Care has you covered with the recent additions of Ralph Herbig, DO, Mark Brune, MD, Lisa McKinney, APRN. There are also providers accepting new patients at all CVH locations and departments. All you need to do is call and schedule an appointment!

For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Carson Valley Health at (775) 782-1610 or visit